|PBA teams may have to wait a little longer before jumping back to training. PBA Media Group (file photo)|
By Ivan Saldajeno
MANILA--The Philippine Basketball Association extended the postponement it imposed in all the team practices and other league-related activities due to the novel coronavirus.
"In light of the country's current situation, the Office of the Commissioner is extending all its member teams' two-week break from practices, scrimmages, and other related activities... until further notice," Commissioner Willie Marcial said in a memorandum on Monday.
The said break was supposed to end on Friday, but due to the Luzon-wide community quarantine, which will last until April 12, the extension of the hiatus was declared.
"We ask your full cooperation and compliance and encourage everyone to stay fit and healthy in the confines and safety of their homes," Marcial further said, also telling the teams to "continue to follow the guidelines set by our government health workers."
The PBA only played one game so far in the season before the league went on an indefinite postponement due to COVID-19.
Follow him on Twitter: @IvanSaldajeno_