PBA plans to allow team scrimmages by September

PBA plans to allow team scrimmages by September


By Ivan Saldajeno

MANILA—PBA commissioner Willie Marcial bared on Saturday that he wants the teams to resume their scrimmages by next month in hopes of resuming the postponed season.

According to the top official, he is set to write a letter addressed to the Inter-Agency Task Force requesting for the allowing of the said contact drills.

"Sana payagan din tayo, pero lahat na iyan siguro depende kung nasaan na tayo dito sa virus," said Marcial.

He actually planned to send the letter earlier this month but had to hold it off for the meantime when Metro Manila was placed back to modified enhanced community quarantine.

It turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

"Okay na rin, kasi na-refine natin iyung laman ng sulat, naidagdag yung ibang protocols," Marcial continued.

Now with the province back in the lighter general community quarantine, the green light to practice finally came.

The teams are set to return to their training sometime next week as soon as they get the results of their swab tests on Thursday or Friday.

He now hopes that the rate of increase in COVID-19 cases will not be bad enough for the IATF to consider resuming scrimmages.

"Kung steady lang ang number o mas maganda bumaba, payagan tayo sana," Marcial added.

If plans push through, the league looks to resume action by mid-October.

Follow him on Twitter: @IvanSaldajeno_

Disclaimer: Images, articles, or videos that exist here sometimes come from various sources of other media. Copyright is fully owned by the source. If there is a problem with this matter, you can contact us here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Disqus Comments
© Copyright 2013 Dugout Philippines - All Rights Reserved