Aldin Ayo to 'seek reconsideration' of UAAP ban

Aldin Ayo to 'seek reconsideration' of UAAP ban

Aldin Ayo will appeal the indefinite ban slapped on him by the UAAP. Nikki Collantes (file photo)
By Ivan Saldajeno

MANILA—A week after saying that he will "face the appropriate sanctions" for allegedly running a training bubble in his hometown for his former team, former University of Santo Tomas coach Aldin Ayo said that the indefinite ban the UAAP meted on him "is not appropriate under the circumstances."

On Friday night, Ayo expressed his intent to appeal the punishment slapped on him for the apparent quarantine protocol violation.

"I will seek a reconsideration of such sanction," he continued.

On Wednesday, the UAAP board of trustees approved the board of managing directors' recommendation to give Ayo an indefinite ban from coaching in the league, and that was despite him announcing his resignation last week.

While he said that he was "humbled [and] humiliated even" by what transpired in the aftermath of the alleged bubble, which at the time it happened was not allowed at all amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Ayo vowed that he will bounce back from this debacle.

"To quote a Scottish proverb: 'I am wounded but not slain. So, lay me low to bleed awhile, then I shall rise...' to coach again!" he concluded.

Follow him on Twitter: @IvanSaldajeno_

Disclaimer: Images, articles, or videos that exist here sometimes come from various sources of other media. Copyright is fully owned by the source. If there is a problem with this matter, you can contact us here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Disqus Comments
© Copyright 2013 Dugout Philippines - All Rights Reserved