|James Delos Santos is now just focusing in his online events.|
MANILA--James Delos Santos is on a roll right now, winning 11 online kata events to draw him closer to the world number one ranking currently held by Portuguese karateka Eduardo Garcia, who he actually beat recently.
Delos Santos' current domination may entice the national karatedo team to bring him back to its fold.
But when asked on Thursday about the possibility of it, Delos Santos said that it could be a long shot.
"Honestly speaking, I don't think I would be welcomed back after what happened last year," he told reporters present during the online Usapang Sports Forum by the Tabloid Organization in Philippine Sports.
It can be recalled that Delos Santos had a fallout with the Philippine Karatedo Association last year sparked by his surprise exclusion from the Philippine team to the Southeast Asian Games.
The drama began when Delos Santos was not included in the national kata team that the Philippine Sports Commission budgeted to go to Japan for training camp.
"I was the only left behind here," he relayed. "I felt that I was abandoned here in Manila."
Delos Santos finally got to travel to Tokyo through his sponsors and even his savings, but that was not the only hurdle he had to leap.
"When I returned to Manila, it was announced that there will be an evaluation for the men's individual kata in the SEA Games on Nov. 7," he further told his story.
It was after the "unprecedented closed door" evaluation that the PKA announced that Delos Santos will not be competing in the SEA Games.
"I felt that it was really unfair," he further said.
Delos Santos then said that he has moved on from the said debacle.
Follow him on Twitter: @IvanSaldajeno_