|The PBA returns on Tuesday. PBA Images (file photo)|
MANILA—The PBA is just essentially having a Halloween break.
A day after announcing the postponement of games to bolster the COVID-19 protocols inside the Angeles bubble, the league said that it will resume action on Tuesday night.
In a statement on Saturday, the PBA said that it is devoting the ceasefire, which will now last until Saturday "to ensure that the PBA complies with the protocols recommended by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID)."
In line with the development, the league said that added some more rules to its existing bubble protocols as recommended by the IATF.
One of which is the "completion of the 10-day isolation of a Blackwater player from the date of swabbing before resuming the games."
On Sunday, the PBA announced that the Elite was suspected for COVID-19 after testing positive in a swab test conducted last week.
However, following an antigen and a second reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction tests, the Blackwater player, who was kept anonymous, was eventually cleared from the virus and was declared a "false positive".
Tuesday will mark exactly the 10th day from the time the Elite retook the RT-PCR test.
The PBA also said that the next time someone inside the bubble will contract COVID-19, he or she will be quarantined for 14 days and must have to get a negative result in the ensuing RT-PCR test before returning to the bubble.
A temporary quarantine facility will be put up within the Clark Freeport Zone for this.
The PBA will also appoint "an independent marshal who shall oversee and ensure compliance with health and safety protocols."
Despite the new bubble rules, the league insisted, "The PBA bubble has not been breached but we must always strengthen our protocols in consultation with the IATF and NTF (National Task Force) to ensure the safety of everyone in the bubble."
Follow him on Twitter: @IvanSaldajeno_