NLEX not keen on engaging trade talks says Guiao

NLEX not keen on engaging trade talks says Guiao

No NLEX player movement for now says Coach Yeng. PBA Images (file photo)
 By Ivan Saldajeno

MANILA--At least for now, NLEX is not looking to shake up its roster ahead of the upcoming PBA season through a trade according to Coach Yeng Guiao.

"Ayaw namin i-entertain muna," Guiao said on Monday.

The Road Warriors are fresh from re-signing the core of their roster last year, especially max salary extensions to explosive guards Kiefer Ravena and Kevin Alas.

With essentially the main men back for another year, it may seem like their first round picks could be up for grabs in swaps.

But even those picks will not be traded according to Guiao, who also serves as their team manager.

"Malabo yun. Hindi natin bibitawan [ang mga] first round picks natin. Gusto kong i-preserve yung number three and number four picks namin," he further said.

NLEX has the third overall pick in the regular draft as a result of a trade with Blackwater, the original owner of that pick, and TNT that brought former star center Poy Erram to the Tropang Giga camp.

The Road Warriors have the fourth pick as their own.

Guiao earlier said that he is keen on taking a big man with the third pick and the best player available for number four.

But with some draft aspirants, primarily the Fil-foreign players, still fixing the needed documents to formalize their entry to the draft, he is keeping mum on who the team is actually eyeing in the first round.

"After lumabas ng final list, we'll make a decision. It's useless to decide if marami pang uncertainties," Guiao further said.

Follow him on Twitter: @IvanSaldajeno

Disclaimer: Images, articles, or videos that exist here sometimes come from various sources of other media. Copyright is fully owned by the source. If there is a problem with this matter, you can contact us here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Disqus Comments
© Copyright 2013 Dugout Philippines - All Rights Reserved