5-man Makati squad to battle SJ in North Finals decider

5-man Makati squad to battle SJ in North Finals decider

David Carlos leads the way for a heavily depleted Makati lineup. Chooks-To-Go (file photo)
By Dugout Philippines

SUBIC--Makati Super Crunch will field just five players later when they tangle with defending national champion San Juan-Go for Gold in the Chooks-to-Go MPBL Lakan Northern Division Finals.

The rubber match will be at the Subic Bay Gymnasium at 4 p.m. Wednesday.

According to a source knowledgeable of the situation, the five are homegrown players David Carlos, Edwin Asoro, Bhabap Sta. Maria, Carlo Lloren, and Kako Morales.

"Limang homegrown players lang ang lalaro, walang substitute," said the source who requested anonymity. 

Speaking on the Tiebreaker Vodcast's Crossover: Inside the Chooks-to-Go MPBL Bubble Tuesday, Carlos remains upbeat, promising to make do of what they have.

"We will just maximize kung anong meron kami. Kung ano man ang meron kami, ibibigay namin ang lahat," said the country's slam dunk king.

Also, the team will be under the helm of a new interim head coach Henry Subido as former coach Beaujing Acot stepped down from his post back in January this year. 

However, Acot still entered the bubble on a consultant capacity.

The other Makati players didn't enter the bubble as they are having some issues with the management, the source added.

But with the Southern Division finals between Basilan and Davao Occidental to be delayed a week due to a player testing positive for COVID-19, the source said it is still possible for the whole roster of Makati to come in if they can fix the issue with the management. That's if they complete an upset against the Knights later.

"Kung manalo sila mamaya, puwede pang pumasok ang ibang players kung magkausap ulit sila ng management," the source said. 

The fastest-growing regional league in the country is in Subic for a two-week bubble to finish the Lakan Cup, which was halted for a year due to the pandemic.

MPBL was cleared to resume last week through new protocols set by the DOH, with the backing of the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority, and of Bong Cuevas and Chooks-to-Go.

Follow the site on Twitter: @DugoutPH

Disclaimer: Images, articles, or videos that exist here sometimes come from various sources of other media. Copyright is fully owned by the source. If there is a problem with this matter, you can contact us here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Disqus Comments
© Copyright 2013 Dugout Philippines - All Rights Reserved