|Stephen Loman confirmed that he's out of One on TNT 3. From his Facebook account|
MANILA--Stephen Loman confirmed on Monday that he indeed was pulled out from the One on TNT 3 fight card.
Loman, the longest reigning Brave Combat Federation champion prior to joining One Championship, was supposed to battle John Lineker in a possible title eliminator but has been replaced by Troy Worthen.
"For the past few months, we have been preparing physically, mentally, and spiritually for us to be able to stay on top and the fight. Eagerness, excitement, and hope to make each and everyone of you proud helped us to keep going. Unfortunately, these goals and feelings have to be adjourned," Loman rued in a statement.
He somehow hinted that he had to be pulled out due to COVID-19-related concerns with the hashtag #WeHealAsOne at the end of his statement.
Primarily based on the "We Win as One" battle cry of the Philippine team during its 2019 Southeast Asian Games hosting, "We Heal as One" is the Philippine government's call in its fight to contain the pandemic.
It was reported last week that Loman and Lito Adiwang were tested positive for COVID-19, even placing the entire Team Lakay delegation in isolation.
"Circumstances that are out of our control are inevitable," Loman further said.
He then said that he will use this setback as a stepping stone for him to make a grand comeback and make his One debut even more anticipated.
"I will still continue to work hard and nurture my well-being in order to take my future fights on the next level.... Packed with bullets, 'The Sniper' will continue to aim soon," Loman vowed.
Follow him on Twitter: @IvanSaldajeno