PBA teams now cleared to hold scrimmages in GCQ areas

PBA teams now cleared to hold scrimmages in GCQ areas

PBA teams are now allowed to conduct scrimmages in GCQ areas. PBA Images (file photo)
By Ivan Saldajeno

MANILA--In a major breakthrough in its bid to finally push through with its 46th season amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the PBA got the approval from the Inter-Agency Task Force for the teams to hold practice scrimmages in areas under the general community quarantine.

Initially, according to the joint administrative order by the Games and Amusements Board, Philippine Sports Commission, and the Department of Health, professional teams are only allowed to do contact practice drills in areas under the modified GCQ.

But in the IATF Resolution 114, which Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque announced on Friday in the PTV Sentro Balita, PBA teams can now do their scrimmages even if they are in a city under GCQ.

Roque said that the scrimmages will remain "subject to the proper health and safety protocols."

"Pag-aaralan [ang mga ito] ng Games and Amusements Board," Roque said.

At least five teams have expressed their intent to hold practices in Batangas City, which is under GCQ.

On the other hand, the three teams under the MVP Group, TNT, Meralco, and NLEX, are looking to go north for their own scrimmages.

Most of the provinces north of Bulacan are under MGCQ right now, including Ilocos Norte, which previously expressed its intent of hosting a PBA season bubble should the league decide to go for it.

The PBA looks to open its 46th season by June in hopes of holding two conferences, the Philippine Cup and possibly the Governors' Cup.

Follow him on Twitter: @IvanSaldajeno

Disclaimer: Images, articles, or videos that exist here sometimes come from various sources of other media. Copyright is fully owned by the source. If there is a problem with this matter, you can contact us here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Disqus Comments
© Copyright 2013 Dugout Philippines - All Rights Reserved