BCDA assures strict COVID-19 protocols to be placed in Clark for ACQ bubble

BCDA assures strict COVID-19 protocols to be placed in Clark for ACQ bubble

Strict COVID-19 protocols will be implemented for the FIBA Asia Cup Qualifiers third window next month in Angeles. BCDA (file photo)
By Ivan Saldajeno

MANILA—Bases Conversion and Development Authority president Vince Dizon said that the preparations are now ongoing for the arrival of more than 600 basketball players and officials for the FIBA Asia Cup Qualifiers third window in the Clark Freeport Zone from June 16-20.

Dizon, also the deputy chief implementer of Philippines' COVID-19 pandemic response, said that the BCDA, national government, Clark Development Corporation, Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas, the provincial government of Pampanga, and the city government of Angeles have been working together for the success of the said bubble tournament through the implementation of strict COVID-19 protocols during the event.

"With the arrival of foreign teams for the FIBA Asia Cup, BCDA and CDC will step up to the challenge and leave no stone unturned. Health and safety measures will be strictly enforced to protect all athletes and staff, and to eliminate the possibility of spreading the virus," Dizon said on Wednesday.

The games will be played at the Angeles University Foundation Sports and Cultural Center, while athletes and officials will be billeted at the Quest and Lohas Hotels.

The setup is similar to the PBA's season bubble last year also in Angeles, the main difference being the addition of Lohas Hotel as an official residence.

The hosting will be based on the joint administrative order set by the Philippine Sports Commission, the Games and Amusements Board, and the Department of Health for sports event hosting amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

The entire FIBA ACQ delegation, initially counted to be at 617 people, is expected to arrive at the billeting hotels on June 13.

They are required to take RT-PCR tests 12 days, 7 days, and 2 days before departure to the Philippines. They must also secure RT-PCR tests on the day of arrival, four days after arrival, and before departure if required by the country of destination.

After spending a couple of days in quarantine, the practices can begin on June 15.

The teams will quickly leave the bubble on June 21.

“This is a team effort. Everyone, including the government, LGUs (local government units), organizers, athletes, and staff must play their part to ensure the success of the FIBA bubble,“ Dizon further said.

The Philippines will be hosting three groups for the third window of the ACQ, namely Groups A, where Gilas Pilipinas is a part of, B, and C.

Follow him on Twitter: @IvanSaldajeno

Disclaimer: Images, articles, or videos that exist here sometimes come from various sources of other media. Copyright is fully owned by the source. If there is a problem with this matter, you can contact us here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Disqus Comments
© Copyright 2013 Dugout Philippines - All Rights Reserved