Some ray of hope for PFL start as Cavite placed under Alert Level 3

Some ray of hope for PFL start as Cavite placed under Alert Level 3

The PFL might have just been cleared to finally play in Carmona. PFL (file photo)
By Ivan Saldajeno

MANILA—It looks like the PFL might get to kick off very soon after all.

Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque announced on Tuesday that some provinces including Cavite and independent cities will now adopt the new alert level system currently being implemented in Metro Manila.

Like the capital province, Cavite, which will host the scheduled league bubble, has been placed under Alert Level 3 starting on Wednesday until Oct. 31.

In the updated rules on the opening of various industries amid the COVID-19 pandemic, pro leagues are allowed to set up bubbles in areas under Alert Level 3 or lower, clearing the PFL for an Oct. 27 kickoff assuming the league intends to still push through with it.

The PFL previously said that it will only push through with its 2021 season if Cavite would be placed under general community quarantine or its equivalent by the said date.

[Related Story: PFL now set for Oct. 27 kickoff]

However, a slight setback occurred when Cavite was retained under modified enhanced community quarantine supposedly until Oct. 31.

[Related Story: PFL season still in limbo as Cavite stays under MECQ]

But with the expansion of the alert level system, the PFL could now finally set up its tournament with the PFF National Training Centre in Carmona as the main battleground.

Meanwhile, Laguna, Rizal, Siquijor, Davao Del Norte, and Davao City have also been placed under Alert Level 3, also clearing them to hold pro sports bubbles with permission from the Games and Amusements Board.

On the other hand, the rest of Davao Del Sur, Batangas, Quezon, Bohol, Cebu, Davao De Oro, and Davao Oriental have been placed under Alert Level 2, essentially making them the provinces that will do the pilot implementation of the lighter quarantine rules.

Contact sports events can push through in the said areas with an option to accommodate up to 50 percent of attendance for indoor arenas and 70 percent for outdoor venues, although GAB has insisted that the games must still be played behind closed doors or better yet, inside a bubble too like in the Alert Level 3.

Follow him on Twitter: @IvanSaldajeno

Disclaimer: Images, articles, or videos that exist here sometimes come from various sources of other media. Copyright is fully owned by the source. If there is a problem with this matter, you can contact us here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Disqus Comments
© Copyright 2013 Dugout Philippines - All Rights Reserved